Do you know what lumberjacks and Leatherface have in common? If your guess was love for chainsaws, you’re right! The Husqvarna 562xP has quite a reputation in the chainsaw community.
But with a great reputation comes a lot of expectations. And rumors have it, Husqvarna 562xP or husky 562xP couldn’t meet a few of the lengths.
So, what are the major Husqvarna 562xP problems?
Well, the first problem would be starting its engine. Secondly, it would be pumping oil to start it. Then followed by an autotune problem where it cracks and falls. Also, it was reported to have issues with autotuning and pistons. And last but not the least, issues with oil pumping.
Intimidating isn’t it? But, every problem has solutions. So, if you are willing to cut deeper into the matter, read along!
Husqvarna 562xp Troubleshooting
There are some common problems with Husqvarna that need to be addressed. But first, let us troubleshoot some of them:
- Pull-on the ignition rope to see if the engine turns over and has sufficient compression.
- Check the gasoline for a nice and correct mix; if it isn’t, entertain switching to a known mix.
- Check for bottlenecks in the gasoline drain.
- Check for blockages or cracking from age in the energy delivery pickup and hose.
- Check for any deterrents in the airflow.
- Verify that the carburetor settings are correct (such as the idle adjustment).
- Look for a spark.
- Examine the spark plug electrode for wear or carbon buildup, as well as the gap.
- Visually inspect the muffler spark arrestor screen.
- If equipped, the hoses, manifold, and cylinder base gasket for leaks.
- If compression appears to be insufficient, remove the exhaust. Check for piston seizure or ring damage.
After this, we will go to the major discussion portion. Let go!
Why Your Husqvarna 562xP is Acting Up?- 3 Major Problems & Solutions
Usually, Husqvarna’s problems are limited and easily solved. But if they are acting up too much, I know how to solve ita s well. Let’s go check them out:
Problem 1: Starting Problems
Sometimes your chainsaw just refuses to start. As annoying as it sounds, one of the major problems has always been Husqvarna 562xp starting problems.
You might never use your chainsaw if this problem stays unresolved. And affording a new one is quite expensive.
So, worrying about how do you fix a Husqvarna chainsaw that won’t start is normal.
Even though some of them would require professional help, most of them are fixable. Let’s go see the solutions regarding this matter:
Though most reasons are stupid, the problems with 562 are easier to solve. At least more than the problems with Ridgid miter saw guard if I am being honest.
So, the solutions are easier to work with once you identify the root of the issues. Let’s start now:
Method 1: If the Spark Plug is Defective
In this method, you first have to extract the spark plug and examine it. Now, if the porcelain insulator is broken or damaged, you can’t save it. So, you need to change it.
Here’s how you can do it:
- First, set the chain brake by pressing forward.
- Then unscrew the top three screws to remove the covering.
- Now, disconnect the spark boot.
- Then, remove the spark plunge with a socket wrench.
- Twist in the new spark plug in the new cylindrical head.
- Once it’s in, tighten it up with a wrench.
- Lastly, reconnect the spark plug boot after re-attaching the top cover.
Remember, it is important to replace the spark plug after a few seasons. Or, you are in for an expensive tool replacement or fire accident.
Method 2: If the Carburetor is Cold
The carburetor gets clogged by often leaving fuel in the chainsaw for a long time. Over time, these ingredients evaporate and leave a messy residue.
You might have to get a Husqvarna 562xp air filter upgrade if the carburetor is fully damaged. But if it’s intact and can be restored, do the following:
- Start by cleaning the air filler to update the ignition.
- Then wipe off the innate materials.
- Now, wash the needle valve with the best carburetor cleaner out there.
- Then, operate on the pull cord.
- Lastly, fill it up with fresh gas.
Even if it sounds intimidating, trust me it’s worth it.
Method 3: If the Ignition Coil is Defective
The ignition coil helps to send voltage to the spark plug. It keeps the engine running. To replace the ignition coil, you need to follow the given rules:
First, make sure that the spark plug is functioning. If it’s good to go, then we remove the cover.
- Then, unscrew all four of the screws.
- Now, remove the starter assembly.
- After that, remove the ignition coil.
You might think about how to replace the brake band on a Husqvarna chainsaw. But that’s for another time. For now, replace the ignition coil in the engine.
Problem 2: Piston Problems
If you are having Husqvarna 562xp piston problems, you are in the right place. Pistons maintain composure in a chainsaw. So, it must be taken seriously for safety purposes.
This part is a bit tricky, even though it requires the shortest attention. So, for a solution, you need to follow the following methods:
Method 1: If the Fuel isn’t Enough
Most of the time, the piston doesn’t work due to a lack of fuel. Now, a chainsaw runs in three types of fuel, gas, air, and oil. Make sure to stock them before starting.
For, if the fuel lacks, do the following things:
- Start by, removing the cylinder cover.
- Then, check for the fuel.
- Now, undo the cylinder’s mounting bolts, and carefully raise the lid.
- If you find fuel residue, clean it before adding any more.
- Add the right fuel in the right measurements.
These are pretty straightforward directions if you ask me. It would be a bit tricky if you have sloppy hands that are for sure.
Method 2: If the Bolts Aren’t Tight Enough
Now, this part requires a few tool actions and safety measures. First, get some gloves, and secondly get a screwdriver.
Now, you are set to go:
- Begin with checking if any bolts are loose or not.
- If you identify one, put your screwdriver on it.
- Rotate it anti-clockwise until you feel the tightening.
- Double-check to ensure everything is in place.
Now, this has to be the easiest one by far. Hope you do it well.
Method 3: Replace the Piston
Here comes the tough one. Pistons are made of four parts: Piston, piston rings, carburetors, and fuels.
Let’s start slowly with it:
- First, you need to remove the lid of the cylinder. For that follow method 1 until 2nd point.
- Now that you’ve taken off the defective piston, make sure to wash your hands.
- After that, lubricate the small end bearing with oil then connect them with the attached rod.
- Refill the new piston with fuel.
- Now, ensure both the gudgeon pin circlips are installed with their ends pointing vertically.
- Attach the lead back.
- Check one last time for any leak from the piston.
It’s a bit tough, I know it. But also very satisfying once you have installed it properly.
In case you are looking for good-quality pistons, I’ve got you covered. Here are some of my favorites:
These are currently highly trending. I hope you like them much as I do.
Problem 3: Autotune Problems
This one has to be the toughest issue so far. But also, the most technical one. Once your Husqvarna 562xp autotune has problems, you have to replace it.
Follow the procedure below for the solution:
You might ask how much does a Husqvarna 562xp weight is for an auto-tune chip. Well, the answer is that the weight doesn’t matter. One problem with it, the chainsaw will not work again.
Now, to the methods again:
Method 1: Reset
This could be applied if your machine is new and you can’t afford another one. First, make sure your chainsaw is shut off and cooled down properly. Or, the chainsaw won’t start if hot.
So let’s get with it:
- First, to reset the fuel settings, find the default reset button.
- After that, press it for master resetting.
Yes, that’s it. Sounds funny but remember, never reset unless autotune has been set to compensate incorrectly. Otherwise, you are doing worse to your machine.
Method 2: Replace
As I have stated before, autotune is a crucial part. Any damage to it is near unfixable. But it’s cheaper and easier to install.
Here’s the process:
- Find the autotune location.
- Look for any sparks around, then slowly remove the damaged one.
- Now, put the new one there and attach it.
Now that we solved Husqvarna 562xp autotune problems, let’s go play with saws!
Problem 4: Oil Pumping Problems
Now, let’s say you have done everything right but still your chainsaw is not working. It’s profoundly because of your Husqvarna 562xp oil pumping problems.
Usually, this issue completely damages the saw if not resolved fast. So, let’s see how can we fix it:
The solutions are most common and understandable. That is nothing you can’t do by yourself. So, here are a few things to resolve if your oil pump is not working:
Method 1: Clean Oil Pump
First of all, if you can’t remember the last time you’ve cleaned your oil pump, it’s your sign.
Here’s how to do it:
- Take off the oil pump lid.
- Empty out the old oil.
- Wipe the interior as well as the exterior with a dry washcloth
- Use oil pump cleansers for double-cleansing.
- Dry off the oil pump before putting it back.
This should work given the fact that oil residue is cleaned.
Method 2: Change the Oil Pump
Now, if the oil pump is broken or damaged you’d have to change it. Here is a brief manual for it:
- Begin by prying the oil feed tube from the oil pick-up assembly on the oil tank using a tiny screwdriver.
- Then, remove the oil pump gear out of the casing with a tiny screwdriver.
- At this point, remove the oil pump from the saw
- Install the oil feed tube into the oil tank’s oil pick-up assembly after that.
- Finally, use screws to secure the oil pump assembly.
That’ll be all about changing the oil pump in your chainsaw. Hope it works!
Honestly, chainsaws are already scary to work with. So, if you find yourself fixing a chainsaw problem, pat yourself on the back.
Especially if you have fixed an issue with Husqvarna 562xp. They are tricky and dangerous.
But, honestly very therapeutic to work with so all of this hassle will be worth it. At least less stressful than planer not pulling wood through.
Remember to follow instructions with patience and never not ask for help if required.
Is the Husqvarna 562xp a good saw?
The Husqvarna 562XP Chainsaw is adored by practically everyone who owns or uses one. Those who work in forestry and logging can utilize this chainsaw. It’s a 60cc chainsaw with a 4.7 horsepower engine. Hence, it’s best at what it promises with safety.
Can we use a Husqvarna chain oil on a Stihl?
Most definitely can! This is where Husqvarna is better than most of its peers. It works perfectly with all kinds of chainsaws, from gas-powered Stihls to electric Makita chainsaws. This is why, clearly, you can’t really go wrong with this in a Husky!
Is Echo better than Husqvarna?
Not true. Both Echo and Husqvarna are among the world’s oldest and largest chainsaw manufacturers. Who offers a variety of products. If you’re searching for a more economical chainsaw for your house. Echo is the ideal option, while industry specialists have relied on Husqvarna for years.
If you have read this far I am guessing you have learned enough today. Hope this article about Husqvarna 562xp problems leaves you thriving.
If not, then don’t worry. Just call the professional to help you out. Not everyone has to do everything.
Until then, take care. Hope you have a wonderful life!