The DeWalt DCK277C2 Combo Kit and the DeWalt Atomic DCK278C2 Combo Kit are DeWalt’s most popular tools. They offer efficient features for various jobs.
Both DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 offer two 20-volt lithium-ion batteries. But DeWalt DCK277C2 offers an enhanced 1.5 Ah battery pack than DCK278C2’s lower capacity of 1.3 Ah. DCK277C2 offers a max speed of 2800 RPM and a no-load speed of 3200 IPM. On the other hand, DCK278C2 offers 1600 RPM and 3200 IPM. Also, DCK277C2 handles a torque ranging from 500 to 1400 in-lbs, but DCK278C2 can handle up to 1700 in-lbs.
Follow the article as I’ll explain and compare both of their features so that you can choose for yourself.
DeWalt DCK277C2 VS DCK278C2: In-Depth Comparison
DeWalt’s two powerful combo kits are efficient for those who wanna try DIY projects at their home or garage.
So, if you’re asking are DeWalt tools good, have a quick look at the essential features of DCK277C2 and DCK278C2.
|Features||DeWalt DCK277C2||DeWalt DCK278C2|
|Items Included||A DCD777 20V MAX Compact Brushless Drill Driver.A DCF787 20V MAX Compact Brushless 1/4 in Impact Driver.A Charger.A Kit Bag.||A DCD708 20V MAX 1/2 in Compact Drill Driver.A DCF809 20V MAX 1/4 in Impact Driver.2 Belt Clips.A DCB107 Charger.A Carrying Bag.|
|Battery Power||2 20V MAX Li-Ion Battery Packs.||2 20V MAX Lithium Ion Batteries.|
|Battery Capacity||Capacity: 1.5 Ah||Capacity: 1.3 Ah|
|Motor Power & Speed||340 unit watts out.Max speed 2800 RPM. No-Load Speed 3200 IPM||340 unit watts out.Max Speed 1600 RPM.No-Load Speed 3200 IPM.|
|Torque||500-1400 in-lbs||1650-1700 in-lbs|
|Dimension||Weight: 2.8-5.8 lbsLength: 5.55-12.5 inWidth: 2.5-3.75 inHeight: 9-9.8 in||Weight: 2.1-2.4 lbsLength: 5.1-6.3 inWidth: 5.75 inHeight: 3.06-7.9 in|
|Warranty||3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service.||3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service|
Both DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 offer a drill driver and an impact driver while differing in their model. Also, both combo kits come with a kit/carrying bag and a charger.
The products in DeWalt DCK272C2 are
- A DCD777 20V MAX Compact Brushless Drill Driver.
- A DCF787 20V MAX Compact Brushless 1/4 in Impact Driver.
And the products included in the DeWalt DCK278C2 are
- A DCD708 20V MAX 1/2 in Compact Drill Driver
- A DCF809 20V MAX 1/4 in Impact Driver
Result: So, it’s your choice to go for one between DeWalt DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 as both offer efficient tool packages.
Battery Power & Capacity:
Both DeWalt DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 offer two 20-volt max batteries. But DCK277C2 offers 1.5 Ah batteries while DCK278C2 offers 1.3 Ah batteries.
So, if you’re a DIY guy, the DeWalt DCK277C2 20V Compact Drill/Impact Driver Combo is your best bet. Its stronger battery will run longer than the DeWalt Atomic Drill and Impact Driver.
Now if you’re dealing with a DeWalt battery that won’t charge past 2 bars, use your warranty feature.
Winner: It’s a win for DCK277C2 for its increased battery capacity.
- DEWALT brushless motor of cordless drill combo kit delivers up to 57% more run time over brushed
- Compact (5.4-inch front to back), lightweight (2.0 lbs) Impact Driver design of the corodless tools combo kit fits into tight areas
- Compact (7.52-inch front to back), lightweight Drill/Driver in thed drill/ impact driver combo kit is designed to fit into tight areas
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle provides ideal balance and tool control
- LED light with 20-second trigger release delay provides increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
- Impact driver’s one-handed loading 1/4-inch hex chuck accepts 1-inch bit tips
Motor Power & Speed:
Both DeWalt DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 have a brushless motor delivering up to 340 UWO. Also, they offer a no-load speed of 3200 IPM.
The DeWalt DCK277C2’s DCD777C2 cordless drill driver offers a max motor speed and a no-load speed of 1500 RPM. But, DeWalt DCK278C2’s DCD708B drill driver offers an enhanced max motor speed of 1650 RPM.
Again, DCK277C2’s DCF787C1 impact driver has a max speed of 2800 RPM and a no-load speed of 3200 IPM. But, DCK278C2’s DCF809B impact driver has only the no-load speed of 3200 IPM.
Result: So, it’s a tie between DCK277C2 and DCK278C2 as both offer similar motor speed and strength.
DCK277C2 has a lower torque range of 500 to 1400 in-lbs than DCK278C2’s greater 1650 to 1700 in-lbs torque.
DCK277C2’s drill driver has a torque of 500 in-lbs. This is far less than DCK278C2’s drill driver which has 1650 in-lbs of torque. Also, the DCK278C2 impact driver has a greater 1700 in-lbs torque than the DCK277C2 impact driver’s 1400 in-lbs torque.
Winner: DCK278C2 Atomic Drill/Impact Driver wins for its increased torque.
- DCD708 in the cordless drill combo kit is compact at only 6.3-inch front to back and designed to fit in tight spaces
- DCD708 in the cordless tools combo kit is lightweight at only 2.4 lbs.
- DCD708 – LED foot light in the drill/ impact driver combo kit is made for superior visibility
- DCD708 – Variable speed trigger allows for control and precision on delicate work surfaces
- DEWALT built brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime
- DCD708 – 1/2-inch ratcheting chuck provides superior bit girpping strength
- DCD708 – 340 UWO of power to help get the job done
- DCF809 – Only 5.1-inch in length to fit in tight spaces
- DCF809 – 1700 in-lbs of torque delivering the power you need to get a majority of applications done
- DCF809 – Variable speed trigger allows for control and precision on delicate work surfaces
The DeWalt DCK277C2 is much heavier and longer than DCK278C2.
Now, let’s see the dimensions of the DeWalt DCK277C2 combo kit.
- Drill/Impact Driver weight: 5.8/2.8 lbs
- Drill/Impact Driver length: 12.5/5.55 in
- Drill/Impact Driver width: 3.75/2.5 in
- Drill/Impact Driver height: 9.8/9 in
So, compared to that the DeWalt Atomic combo kit DCK278C2 dimensions are
- Drill/Impact Driver weight: 2.4/2.1 lbs
- Drill/Impact Driver length: 6.3/5.1 in
- Impact Driver width: 5.75 in
- Drill/Impact Driver height: 7.9/3.06 in
Winner: DCK278C2 wins for its lightweight and flexible dimensions.
So, their warranty features include:
- 3 years of limited warranty for any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship.
- 1 year of service warranty that includes maintaining the tool and replacing the worn parts due to normal use.
The biggest offer is that you also have a 90-day satisfaction warranty. You can get a refund for returning the tool if you’re not satisfied with their applications.
So, suppose, your DeWalt battery says fully charged but not working, use the warranty features given by DeWalt.
DCK278C2 is a bit more expensive than DCK277C2. On Amazon, the DCK277C2 costs $189-$262 and DCK278C2 costs $193-$240. So, the price is not a matter for either of them as they have a similar price range.
Which is The Best Dewalt Tool: DCK277C2 or DCK278C2
So, after a detailed comparison between DeWalt’s DCK277C2 and DCK278C2, it’s time you choose one. While DCK277C2 has an increased battery life and longer runtime, DCK278C2 offers more torque and similar motor speed.
Now, if you’re a DIY guy I’d recommend getting the Atomic Drill and Impact Driver combo, which is DCK278C2. It has lightweight flexibility and more motor power and torque. But, apart from that, choose which agrees with your plans and jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is DeWalt XR Better Than Max?
Yes, DeWalt 20V XR is better than the 20V Max. DeWalt improved its brushless motor on XR and increased its battery life with high-capacity lithium-ion batteries. It offers more compact functions than the Max.
Who Are DeWalt’s Biggest Competitors?
Some of DeWalt’s biggest competitors are Milwaukee, Proto, Great Neck, Runnings, Klein Tools, Lawson, etc. Although DeWalt’s the top player in the construction and workshop tool market, these competitors also offer various enhanced tools.
What Is 1 VS 2 DeWALT?
DeWalt setting 1 is for driving screws as it offers low speed and high torque settings. On the other hand, DeWalt setting 2 is for drilling or driving with medium speed and medium torque settings.
So, now choose your pick from comparing DCK277C2 vs DCK278C2.
Always go for the one that agrees with your specific jobs and work settings. As torque is essential for enhanced force in your jobs, measure and compare the torque of both of them. Good luck.