Jigsaw is one of the best in terms of cutting and shaping woods. But, you might get confused between two very similar Bosch Jigsaws— 7 amp and 6.5 amp.
So, which one is better between Bosch Jigsaw 7 amp vs 6.5 amp?
A bosch 6.5 amp is cheaper and has a dust control system. On the other hand, a bosch 7 amp jigsaw is very accurate and smooth. It’s balanced and durable for heavy-duty work. On the other hand, a 6.5 amp jigsaw is for lighter work.
Well, it’s just a teaser. We have an entire article written for you on this topic. Ready to pick the best jigsaw?
Then let’s dive into it!
Bosch 7 Amp vs 6.5 Amp Jigsaw – Quick Comparison
You must be wondering about the differences between bosch 7 amp and 6.5 amp jigsaw. Because they serve the same purpose!
Well, they have differences other than their visible amperage. To make it easier for you, we have prepared a quick comparison. So, let’s check out the table below:
|Bosch 7 Amp Jigsaw
|Bosch 6.5 Amp Jigsaw
|For heavy-duty work.
|For lighter work.
|More balanced and fairly durable.
|Less balanced and fairly durable.
|Does not have it.
So, these are the differentiating factors between bosch 6.5 amp and 7 amp jigsaw.
However, for a more detailed comparison, let’s take a quick look at the following sections-
Bosch 7 Amp Vs Bosch 6.5 Amp Jigsaw- a Detailed Comparison
Now, for your better understanding, we have laid out a comparison of these two jigsaws. So let’s get started-
A 7 amp jigsaw has a low-vibration design and internal precision-machined plunger mechanism. It helps to improve accuracy and allows smooth jigsaw operation in a lot of sectors.
On the other hand, a 6.5 amp jigsaw is good at accuracy. But a 7 amp Bosch jigsaw is better at it. It can cut through strong steels such as Crv and s2 steels. We got this information when we were comparing Crv and s2 steels.
- ERGONOMIC BODY: features an upfront grip area for maximum control, precision and comfort
- CONVENIENT: featuring a tool-less blade change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection lever that eliminates need to touch hot saw blade
- 4-IN-1: 4 orbital action tool settings provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts for taking on the toughest cutting tasks
- CONTROL: variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed
- SECURE: includes a large, sturdy die cast foot with steel insert and on board bevel wrench; multidirectional blade clamp delivers superior grip of T-shank blades
- ACCURACY: internal precision machined plunging system and low vibration design enhances accuracy and allows for the smooth jigsaw operation in a variety of jobs
- INCLUDES: jig saw, (1) non-marring overshoe, (1) anti-splinter insert, (1) jig saw blade, (1) bevel wrench and a carrying case
The blade ejection lever, on the other hand, eliminates the need to handle a hot blade. The clamping mechanism featured is the safest jigsaw clamping system available.
The maximum speed is controlled by a dial on the tool’s back. While the operating speed is controlled by the accelerator trigger.
Both jigsaws have a blade-change system with no tools. It allows for quick blade insertion and removal which increases efficiency. A 6.5 amp Bosch jigsaw works great in terms of efficiency.
- EFFICIENT: The Bosch JS365 features a tool-less blade-change system for fast insertion, while the blade ejection lever eliminates need to touch hot blade. The included system is the most secure jigsaw clamping system
- VERSATILE: The jigsaw supports four orbital-action settings allowing different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts and varied cutting capacities for wood, aluminum, and steel
- VARIABLE SPEED: Features a variable speed dial to set maximum speed while the accelerator trigger controls operating speed, giving the user greater accuracy and control
- DUST CONTROL: An adjustable dust blower keeps cutting line clear providing user safety. The sturdy die-cast foot includes both a steel insert and on-board bevel Allen key storage to keep your workspace organized
- PROTECTED: The Bosch Top-Handle Jigsaw is backed by Bosch’s one-year limited warranty
- Toolless blade-change system – Fast insertion, blade ejection lever eliminates need to touch hot blade. Most secure jigsaw clamping system
- Four orbital-action settings -different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts
Usage And Durability
The bosch jigsaw has a 3-1/2-inch cutting capacity in softwood. With a 7/8-inch capacity in aluminum and a 3/8-inch capacity in mild steel. And it is powered by a 6.5-amp engine.
You can set the variable speed dial to maximum speed and adjust the operating speed. The accelerator trigger gives you more accuracy and control.
Also, both jigsaws support four orbital-action settings. It allows different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts and varied cutting capacities. These are the essential bosch jigsaw parts.
However, a bosch 7 amp jigsaw works well with heavy-duty work. On the other hand, the 6 amp jigsaw is for lighter work. For example, finishing, bath, and kitchen installation.
To smooth out the metals, you can use a die grinder. We found this feature while comparing die grinders and drill presses.
The cutting line is kept clear by an adjustable dust blower, which ensures user safety. To keep your workspace organized, the die-cast foot includes steel and onboard bevel Allen key storage.
Well, it is the only feature that does not exist in a bosch 7 amp jigsaw. Whereas, it is a special feature of a bosch 6.5 amp jigsaw. Even a bosch js260 does not have this feature.
Cost is a very important factor before purchasing any tools. We know that a bosch js470e price is between $169 to $187 dollars. On the other hand, a bosch 6.5 amp jigsaw costs between $119 to $133 dollars.
We can see that it is way cheaper than a Bosch 7 amp jigsaw. So, we can say that 6.5 amp jigsaws are cheaper than 7 amp jigsaws. Now you know the difference between the bosch jigsaw prices, so let’s get to the next differentiating factor.
So, these are the differentiating factors between both jigsaws. We can see that both jigsaws differ in cost, efficiency, usage, and dust control.
Which one should you go for? Let us find out in our next segment!
So, Which One is Better?
There is no verdict between a bosch 6.5 amp jigsaw vs a 7 amp jigsaw. Because it depends on your personal preference.
If you want to do heavy-duty work, you can go for the bosch 7 amp jigsaw.
Besides, if you want to do lighter and regular work in a cheaper way; go for the 6.5 amp jigsaw.
Bosch 6.5-Amp Keyless T Shank Variable Speed Corded Jigsaw
Furthermore, a jigsaw is a very handy tool. You can get the best out of a jigsaw by using it properly. And, it will work great for you.
What is the Difference Between a Jigsaw and an Orbital Jigsaw?
The main difference is the orbital setting. A regular orbital jigsaw has at least one of them. And a regular jigsaw does not have an orbital setting. Orbital modes are available on both corded and cordless models. And they allow you to make very quick cuts in wood.
Is a Brushless Jigsaw Better?
Brushless jigsaws are good in many ways. Selectable speed or, at the very least, a variable-speed trigger can be extremely beneficial. Brushless motors improve cutting performance as well as runtime. It’s not as important as it is with certain power tools, but it’s still a great bonus.
Can I Use a Jigsaw to Cut Plywood?
Yes, you can use it. Wood, particleboard, plywood, plastic, metal, and even ceramic tile may all be cut with the jigsaw in both straight and curved cuts. It’s also safe and simple to operate, which is why it’s frequently the first power saw that new DIYer purchase.
So, these are the differences and overall comparisons of bosch 7 amp vs 6.5 amp jigsaw.
Both are great options. It all mostly depends on individual requirements. We genuinely hope that the article has been helpful.
Good luck picking out your preferred one!
Robert S. Dehner is an experienced content writer at Power Tool Institute. He has a wealth of experience in the field and is committed to providing you with up-to-date information and advice on the effective and safe use of power tools.